The Town of Danville provides opportunities for residents to contribute to their community by volunteering for various events and programs. Volunteers will have the opportunity to discover new interests, meet new people, and develop new skills. Different opportunities exist; below are a few projects that will be coming up. Sign up online at www.danville.ca.gov, type “volunteer” in the search box and click on the first result.
- Kid’s Night Out: Children, ages 3 to 11 years old, spend Friday nights creating arts and crafts, playing games, eating snack and enjoying a movie. Volunteers, 16 and up, are needed to help staff prepare snack and transition between activities and will also be expected to aid staff and children during art projects and games. Available dates are May 25, June 15 and 29 from 7:15-9:30 p.m.
- Moonlight Movies: Lights, camera, action! Volunteers, 14 years and up, are needed to help with arts & crafts, games, face painting and balloon animals before the movies this summer. Moonlight Movies are scheduled for June 8 and 22, July 6 and 20, August 3 from 6-8:30 p.m.
- Painting Park Fences: This opportunity is great for families, individuals, civic groups, churches or other clubs; youth 12 and over are welcome. This project needs at least 20 people to work in teams. Projects will be located at Greenbrook and/or John Baldwin Elementary Schools, Saturday, June 9 from 8:30 a.m.-noon. Get outside and help keep the Town looking great.
- Art Gallery Associates: Join the thriving art gallery scene by volunteering during gallery hours to inform patrons about the current exhibits and upcoming programs. This is an ongoing opportunity. Optional art related field trips for volunteers are provided.
- Village Theatre Ushers: Volunteers will be scanning patrons tickets, issuing will call tickets, seating patrons, monitoring the Village Theatre Art Gallery and general upkeep during theatre performances. One hour of training is required and provided. One theatre ticket will be earned for every two shows worked. These ongoing shifts will vary by day and time.
-Town of Danville