County Seeks Commissioners, Board Members

Want to represent Contra Costa County? Here's a list of vacancies on commissions, boards and committees dealing with issues from aging to transit.

Residents of Contra Costa County can serve on various county commissions, boards and committees. A full list of county vacancies is available on contracosta.ca.gov. Current openings for local representatives are listed below. To find out which district you belong to, click here or view the map in the media box to the right.

Have you ever thought about filling a county seat? Let us know in the comments section at the bottom of the page.

Advisory Council on Aging

Apply here for various vacant seats, including:

Local Committee Clayton
Local Committee Moraga
Local Committee Pinole
Local Committee Pleasant Hill

Alcohol and Other Drugs Advisory Board

Apply here for the vacant seats in various districts.

Local Child Care & Development Planning Council

Apply here for the following vacant seats:

Community 1 - West County
Community 4 - Central/South County
Consumer 2 - Central/South County
Consumer 3 - Central/South County
Consumer 4 - Central/South County
Consumer 5 - East County
Discretionary Appointee 1 - East County
Discretionary Appointee 2 - Central/South
Discretionary Appointee 3 - Central/South
Public Agency 1 - West County
Public Agency 3 - Central/South County

Public & Environmental Health Advisory Board

Apply here for the following vacant seats:

Central County At-Large 1
Consumer 1
East County At-Large 1
Voluntary Health Agencies
West County At-Large 2

Western CC Transit Authority Board of Directors

Apply here for the following vacant seats:

Crockett Member
Crockett Member Alternate
Rodeo Member
San Pablo Member
San Pablo Member Alternate


Sign up for the Danville Patch daily newsletter and get all your local Danville and Alamo news delivered to your inbox first thing in the morning.

"Like" us on Facebook here or follow us on Twitter @DanvillePatch to continue the conversation with Danville Patch and the community.

Beau Hunk August 04, 2012 at 05:26 PM
As a reference, the county maintains an information resource called the Maddy Book. Named after former Fresno Assemblyman Ken Maddy, the Maddy Books are required by state law to be kept current by every county and city in the state. The book is intended to encourage people from all walks of life to take part in local government affairs. This Maddy Book lists all the county advisory bodies along with members, terms of office, vacancy schedule, description and so forth. It's at http://contra.napanet.net/maddybook/


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »