On Tuesday, the California State Board of Equalization updated its online list of the Top 500 sales and use tax delinquencies-- a list which totals $514.9 million in taxes through the first quarter of 2014.
According to the BOE, these businesses are notified 30 days before their information is posted. The agency does not name those who are working on a payment arrangement of some sort, or are in bankruptcy, litigation, or appeal phases.
"Since the inception of this program in 2007, the BOE has received $10.21 million from 121 qualifying taxpayers who came forward to pay their debts; 100 are making installment payments, and 21 have paid their debt in full," a press release from the BOE said Tuesday.
Of the hundreds of millions of dollars owed to California, $114.3 million are jointly owed liabilities.
"This means individuals associated with a corporation, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or limited liability company might be personally responsible for delinquent taxes," the BOE said.
This quarter alone, 44 taxpayers were added to the state's delinquent list. Together, they owe $41.4 million.
East Bay businesses named on the list are:
- $ 1,398,246.96 is owned by Marino Sandoval, Taqueria El Balazo in 5331 Hopyard Road.
- $ 2,650,438.75 is owed by Lynn Ellen Wells at 2200 Camino Ramon in San Ramon
- $ 2,649,513.75 is owed by Wells Interiors Inc. at 2200 Camino Ramon in San Ramon
- $ 1,244,585.20 is owed by Industrial Electric Mfg., Inc. at 982 Washington Blvd. in Fremont.
- $ 1,177,385.53 is owed by John Porter at 982 Washington Blvd. in Fremont.
- $ 1,106,801.94 is owed by Vince Somera Espino and Sarah Sison Espino at 32175 Union Landing in Union City.
- $ 1,079,825.13 is owed by David M. Levey, Taco Bell at 3503 Mt. Diablo Blvd. in Lafayette.
- $ 1,017,271.56 is owed by Compassionate Patients Coop of California at 21222 Mission Blvd. In Hayward.
- $ 1,012,490.52 is owed by Winslow Lazer Norton, Abraham Volstein Norton at 21222 Mission Blvd. In Hayward.
- $ 1,011,413.24 is owed by Universal Floor Coverings, Inc. at 30139 Industrial Parkway SW, Suite L in Hayward.
- $ 929,072.55 is owed by All Brand Wndows, Espectro Corp. at 1933 David Street in San Leandro.
- $ 907,640.84 is owed by A & A Sales & Marketing, Kirby Company at 43160 Christy Street in Fremont.
- $ 897,783.06 is owed by John Dovalis Gantes at 43406 Christy Street in Fremont.
- $ 798,487.67 is owed by JCS RVS, Inc. at 958 E. Airway Drive in Livermore.
- $ 762,077.02 is owed by All Brand Window Fashions at 4000 Pimlico Dr. Suite 114-103 in Pleasanton.
- $ 696,391.71 is owed by Castro Valley ARCO AM/PM, starting Point, LLC at 2770 Castro Valley Blvd. in Castro Valley.
- $ 668,138.49 is owed by Fuddrucks, Union six Corporation at 32175 Union Landing in Union City.
- $ 641,173.23 is owed by Hudson Flooring, James and Roberts Hudson at 2712 Teagarden Street in San Leandro.
- $ 583,723.70 is owed by Western Shower Door at 4140 Business Center Drive in Fremont.
- $ 552,214.63 is owed by R. Ring Enterprises, Inc. at 7077 Koll Center Parkway in Pleasanton.
- $ 536,553.09 is owed by Monument Gas & Mart Inc. at 111 E 14th Street in San Leandro.
- $ 530,853.09 is owed by Khader Jamil Najjar at 111 E 14th Street in San Leandro.
- $ 504,691.84 is owed by S.B. Supply, Inc. at 2046 Farallon Drive in San Leandro.
- $ 488,497.75 is owed by Winterland Concessions at 1951 Fairway Drive in San Leandro.
- $ 466,560.66 is owed by T-Rex BBQ, T-REX Enterprises, LLC. 1300 10th Street in Berkeley.
- $ 443,587.83 is owed by GMC-White GMC Truck Center at 1444 Marina Blvd. in San Leandro.