Three Danville schools were under a "shelter in place" warning Wedneday morning as fire and PG&E crews investigate the source of a natural gas odor reported in the area, a San Ramon Valley Fire District spokeswoman said.
The warning was lifted around 11:50 a.m.
Fire district spokeswoman Kimberly French said the district first received a call around 10:45 a.m. about a gas-like odor in an area between Sycamore Valley and Crow Canyon roads.
PG&E is currently on scene looking for source of the odor, which fire district does not believe is a danger to the community.
Students and staff at John F. Baldwin Elementary School, Sycamore Valley Elementary School and Charlotte Wood Middle School were sheltering in place as a precaution.
--Bay City News