The Dec. 24 armed robbery of a 15-year-old Danville boy was not a random act by strangers but was committed by two teens of whom the victim had "peripheral knowledge," Danville Police Chief Steve Simpkins said Friday.
While the victim didn't call his assailants friends or even acquaintances, he knew the two well enough to get into their truck, Simpkins said. So far, Simpkins added, there is no indication the robbery involved a drug deal.
Authorities say the two suspects, a 16-year-old from Castro Valley and an 18-year-old from San Ramon, robbed the Danville teen in front of a house on Meese Court.
The suspects were driving a white Ford pick-up truck and approached the victim.
Authorities said one of the suspects exited the vehicle and the victim got in the truck. The victim was then robbed at gunpoint by one of the suspects.
They took the victim’s wallet, cell phone and identification. They released him and drove off, authorities said.
Police announced Thursday they had arrested the Castro Valley teen on suspicion of being the gunman and booked him on charges of robbery with an enhancement for using a gun during a crime.
Police on Dec. 28 arrested the 18-year-old San Ramon resident Ibraham D’Bouk. He has been charged with robbery.
Martha Ross contributed to this report