If the kids (and you) are getting a little antsy during summer vacation, check out these free summertime activities for kids that have recently kicked-off:
When: Each Wed. through Aug. 17, from 10:30 a.m.-noon
Where: children’s play structure next to
Features family activities, entertainment, special guests and more.
- July 13: California Puppets (puppet show)
- July 20: Hoop Power (hula hoop dancing and tricks)
- July 27: Fur, Scales and Tails (animal show)
- August 3: Alan the Amazing (magic show)
- August 10: Vai Hau Nui (Polynesian dance performance)
- August 17: Surprise guest to be announced
When: Mon., Wed., and Fri. at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., July 13- August 31
summer storytimes are geared toward children ages 3-6 years old. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Arts and Crafts Storytime (3 years and older): Tues., 11 a.m.
- All Ages Storytime: Wed., 11 a.m.
- Game Play and Instruction (6 years and older): Thurs., 4 p.m.
When: Mon.-Wed., through Aug. 17
The summer storytime program features age- appropriate early literacy sessions, including stories, music and fingerplay that prepares kids for a love of reading.
- Mother Goose Time (0-2 years old): Mon.-Tues., 10:15-10:30 a.m.
- Toddler Time (2-3 years old): Mon.-Tues., 11:15-11:35 a.m.
- Preschool Time (3-5 years old): Wed., 10:15-10:40 a.m.
- One World, Many Stories Summer Kids' Reading Program special guests: Bharatanatyam Classical Indian Dance performance, Sat., July 10 at 4 p.m.; Sweet Theater with Susannah Wood, Aug. 23 at 4 p.m.
Extra tip: Check out these free story podcast downloads, part of the library’s One World, Many Stories Kids’ Summer Reading Program, by clicking here.
When: Mon., Tues., and Thurs., now through July 28.
- Lapsit (6 mos.-2.5 years old): Mon. 10:15-10:45 a.m. at library; Tues. 11:15-11:45 a.m. at library.
- Toddler Time (2.5-3.5 years old): Mon., 11:15-11:45 a.m. at Dougherty Station library; Tues. and Thurs., 10:15-10:45 a.m. at San Ramon Library.
- Preschool Time (3.5-5 years old): Thurs. 1:15-1:45 p.m. at Dougherty Station library; Thurs., 11:15-11:45 a.m. at San Ramon library.
- Family Storytime (all ages): Tues., 6:30-7:00 p.m. at Dougherty Station library; Aug. 6 and Sept. 3, at 11:15 at San Ramon library.
- Extra Tip: Don’t miss the 20th Annual Storytime Festival, Mondays at 7 p.m. at the San Ramon library, now-Aug. 1. Click here for details.
Local Store Deals Not to be Missed:
- : 10 percent off your entire purchase, or 25 percent off one item with coupons found in July issue of "Your Town Monthly." Click here to find the coupons on page 16.
- Sweetie Face at Blackhawk Plaza: 30 percent off Summer Apparel. Check out their Facebook page here for the details.
- Closing Sale: 50 percent off everything. Check out the dress-up, Golden Books, children’s books and more before the attic closes.