I'm often asked, "What is a blog?"
And I always answer with, "It's whatever you want it to be."
In my line of work, I tend to interview a lot of passionate people. Passionate people need an outlet. Our blogs, as part of our Local Voices section, offer exactly that outlet.
And those words, "Local Voices," are exactly what it sounds like. We want to hear from you, what you're passionate about, what you're an expert in, and how these two points are important for the Danville Patch community.
Our blogs complement our site and our reporting. Along with our reports of , stories about the , and ways residents are making a (for example), we have our Local Voices.
So, what's new to these Local Voices this month? Tons (not literally)!
In February, we signed up nine new bloggers. These new bloggers include:
- : A San Ramon Valley High School student blogging about her experiences with the Girl Scouts
- : A resident who is part of the Save Our Creek organization and is diving into the questions residents are having with the SummerHill homes project proposal of Magee Ranch.
- : A blog that is bringing together stories of cancer survivors written in their own words as a lead up to the cancer awareness event Relay for Life this summer.
- : Christina is a lover of theatre. Oh, she's also a theatre professional, too. She's new to Danville and reached out to us to tackle live theatre in the area. Everything from reviews to putting a spotlight on more family oriented productions to opening our local eyes to live theatre in our towns.
- : David hurt his back some years ago and walks along Iron Horse Trail nearly every day. His blog is a photo blog of the different things he sees along his journeys.
- : Want to know about electric vehicles and engines? Eric's blog dives into that. He specializes in electric bikes, or e-bikes.
- : We've all been there -- hundreds of digital pictures and nowhere to put them. Nichole's blog is about helping you navigate that crazy landscape of unorganized pictures.
- : Have a question about the benefits of acupuncture and herbal medicine? Well, Joey can help.
- : People care where the painting should go or where to put that chair or how to position lamps and plants. J. Hettinger's interior design blog hopes to help you with that.
Moving into March, Danville Patch will be adding a craft beer blog written by co-owner of a soon-to-be area brewery, another to help local youth and their parents navigate through the college admission and application process, and something from you (potentially)!
A few specific issues we're looking to have Local Voices on:
- Senior citizen issues
- Home and garden
- Shopping local
- "Off the eaten path" (FOOD!)
- Local town commentary
So, if you're passionate about local issues and interested in being a Local Voice, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.