Sometimes Cupid's arrow is poisoned.
We've all been there at least once, right? Bad dates, turned worse. Awkward moments, turned into humiliation (sometimes). "Be my Valentine," turned into "Are you kidding me right now?"
There are probably some pretty awful date stories out there... and we want you to relive them!
It's a contest!
We're holding a contest for the most awkward, terrible, bad date story out there. From now until Feb. 13, we'll be collecting these stories of woe and love-gone-wrong.
We'll sift through them and choose three finalists that raise the bar for cringe-worthy dates. Once we've chosen the finalists, we'll post the stories, along with a poll so you all can vote on them. The winner will get peace of mind -- they say writing is very cathartic. But, of course, that's not all. The winner will also get a box of chocolates from Danville's own -- it is Valentine's Day after all.
Now, how could you pass that up? Tell us about your bad date and if it is bad enough, you get some chocolate.
So, while many may be celebrating Feb. 14 with candy hearts and roses, let's relive some awkward moments and dates-gone-terribly-astray.
How to enter
You can submit your stories by commenting below or emailing them to Danville Patch editor Terry Parris Jr. at email@example.com.
Let the healing begin!
* Open to legal residents of the state of California who are 18 and older.
* To enter, email Danville Patch editor Terry Parris Jr at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your story in the comments section below.
* All entries must be received by February 13, 2012, 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
* You may enter once.
* Up to 3 finalists will be selected by judges to be voted on by the public. The finalist with the highest number of valid public votes will be the Grand Prize Winner.
* One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a box of chocolates with an approximate retail value of $15.
* Click for complete Official Rules.