How many people are fans of the taco truck that parks outside Monte Vista on Stone Valley Road?
For our third installment of 680 Eats, a column that highlights local restaurants, we're featuring delicious Mexican food and yummy taco spots. Share your favorites in the comments below.
- Mercado Del Sol, Concord. Want fresh made tortillas? This is authentic Mexican food at its best: fresh guacamole, slow-cooked carnitas and delicious updates to the ever-familiar burritos and tacos. These arguably are THE best tacos in the Bay Area. 1450 Monument Blvd Concord.
- Taqueria El Gallo, Pleasanton. People drive from all over to taste these authentic Mexican style tacos that won't drain your wallet. The fresh salsa will blow your mind. Try one chicken and one beef.
- Maria Maria, Walnut Creek or Danville. Magic brought to Mexican cuisine with surprise ingredients and combinations such as Steak & Pineapple or Roasted Habernero Tomato Cream Sauce & Duck. Great Santana music, great ambience.
- . Said to be a “ lovely-divey Mexican place” with amazing portions. We are not joking when we say huge tacos! Add sour cream to the crispy shell, and you have it made.
- The New Mecca Cafe, Pittsburg. Accommodating and affordable, The New Mecca Café cooks with pride. Offering three different combination plates for $12.95 each and all dinner portions come in 1⁄2 order sizes. Keeping your health in mind the food is cooked with corn oil and tamales are made local.
- High Tech, Danville and Alamo. Yes, it's a chain, but we agree with devotees of their award-winning burrito. With fresh ingredients, their chunky house-made guacamole, corn tortillas and authentic cotija cheese, they’re right on when they say, it’s “a better way to eat!”
Previous 680 Eats columns include:
Valentine's Day Food and Wine Pairings
Where do you go for great tacos and other Mexican dishes? Tell us in the comments!