This year the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots drive has received more than 80,000 requests for toys.
That's pretty amazing for a charity that started 65 years ago in Los Angeles with a single toy made by the wife of a Marine Corps major.
There are dozens of places where you can donate new, unwrapped toys in San Ramon and Danville, including at local fire stations, most Bank of America branches, the school district office and at the City of San Ramon office, 2401 Crow Canyon Road, San Ramon.
To find a spot nearest you, enter your zip code on the Contra Costa Toys for Tot website. Donations are being accepted through Dec. 17.
You can also donate cash to the program online here.
Some local businesses are promoting their toys drives on Patch, including
Koko FitClub, Doyle Golde Grossman Family Law Group and Norm's Place, where the first 100 people to drop off a toy will receive a $10 gift card for drinks.
Here's a list of local fire stations accepting toys from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- 11445 Windemere Parkway, San Ramon, California, 94582
- 800 San Ramon Valley Blvd., Danville, California, 94526
- 1101 Stone Valley Road, Alamo, California, 94507
- 1051 Diablo Road, Danville, California, 94526
- 12599 Alcosta Blvd., San Ramon, California, 94583
- 505 Silver Oak Lane, Danville, California, 94506
- 2001 Lusitano Street, Danville, California, 94506
- 1600 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon, California, 94583
- 9399 Fircrest lane, San Ramon, California, 94583
- 1500 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon, California, 94583